If at first you don’t succeed, redefine success.
I reblogged this at like 4am and I’ve spent the whole day thinking about it and randomly laughing
YOU GO BUN BUN
- Child of Rage: A documentary about a young girl who was sexually abused when she was a year old. She has a desire to murder her entire family and carries out numerous disturbing tasks.
- The Scariest Drug in the World: Scopolamine is a drug that when taken keeps a person coherent but makes them open to follow commands. It’s been used to make people steal, as a rape drug and a way to humiliate people. It’s known as a “chemical hypnosis”. This film documents people’s experience with it.
- Demonic Possession and Exorcism: The footage you are about to witness contains highly disturbing material.
- An Interview with a Cannibal: An interview with a man named, Issei Sagawa who committed a pretty horrific crime. He butchered and raped a young Dutch women because he wanted to absorb her “energy”. He spent 3 days consuming her flesh.
- The Bridge: A film on the Golden Gate Bridge, which captures the number of suicides. Many describe it as a powerful documentary, that leaves a lasting impression.
- High on Crack Street: Shows just how badly crack ruins lives. A great portrayal of the harsh, dark side of drugs.
- Aokigahara/Suicide Forest: A geologist walks through the forest and shows us what he sees. Definitly contains some depressing material.
- Atomic Wounds: The effect of a nuclear weapon on a mass number of people. It’s disheartening, it’s horrifying, but it’s reality.
- Just Melvin, Just Evil: A documentary about a tormented family who suffered from sexual abuse and substance abuse because of one man. It leaves you wondering how can one man be so destructive?
- Earthlings: One of the most intense documentaries made about animal abuse. Footage contains graphic material.
Feel free to add to this list :)
I’m going to have nightmares but I can’t stop looking!!! >___< Ahh!!!
I’ve seen child of rage, it’s crazy! Now I want to see the rest
OMG yessssss. Documentaries are my favorite kind of cinematography & this list just made me so excited I cant even begin to explain.
Gonna watch one of these later!
After World Cup, have some things to watch. Number one is horribly sad😐
Glad you guys liked this!
People have offered many potential explanations for this discrepancy, but this ad highlights the importance of the social cues that push girls away from math and science in their earliest childhood years.
This is so important. Girls pay attention. Boys, if you are a brother, father, cousin of a girl, pay attention.
1. Apologize when you hurt someone. Don’t apologize for laughing too long, or singing too loud, or missing a dance step. Never feel bad for trying your best and having a good time.
2. Your feelings are real. Even if you can’t understand the cause or if it doesn’t seem important enough, they’re still valid.
3. You’re human. You will make mistakes and you will have flaws. Be the best you can be, but you won’t be perfect, nor should you be.
4. No one’s dreams are more worthwhile than anyone else’s. Pursue what you love, even if others think it’s stupid.
5. There’s no shame in liking something. Or someone. There’s nothing wrong with crushing on someone because they’re hot, or loving a cheesy and predictable movie, or waiting in line for hours to buy the newest hot item. Don’t hide your interests or affections.
6. It’s not “just” for fun. Fun is as legitimate a cause as any.
7. It’s hard, but don’t beat yourself up about the past. There’s nothing you can do to change it, and it doesn’t have to define what you do in the future.
8. Don’t try to force yourself to stop caring about something before you’re ready. It doesn’t work and only creates angst.
9. Don’t hold yourself back to fit in. Find people who will love you for all of you.
10. Carpe diem."
- 100 reasons to go vegan
- What are animal rights?
- Get vegucated
- Vegan vs. Meat-eater
- What would happen if we all quit eating meat?
- How many animals do you save by not eating them?
- Benefits of veganism for your wallet, your health and our planet
- Frequently asked questions
Making the transition
- Vegan Starter Kit - Great for beginners!
- Getting started
- How to make the transition to veganism
- So you wanna be vegan?
- Mistakes to avoid when going vegan
- Daily plan
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert ideas
- 4 ways to make any vegan recipe
- Vegan Health
- Vegan breakfast recipes
- Finding Vegan
- The Vegan Stoner
Videos and Books
- Earthlings (contains disturbing images)
- Masterlist of vegan documentaries
- Eating animals (PDF)
- MEAT: the truth (contains disturbing images)
- Why we love dogs, eat pigs and wear cows
- Vegan: The new ethics of eating (PDF)
Credit for photo: Elena Shumilova
Signal boosting for people who are new to veganism! :)
"But I wanted it blue!" "Now, dear, we decided pink was her color" "YOU decided!"
This is my favourite gifset of all time
ohmygosh this is too cool
A compilation of my favorite teacher/school related posts
THE TOP ONE THO
Margaret Atwood, The Edible Woman (via narobe)
parenting. you’re doing it right.
Beyond cute omg
i thought it was cute and then i realised what was on the tv and i melted